Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to riding

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by lcdownes, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Gday all,

I've recently added a Victorian Learners permit to my arsenal to go along with my drivers license and Scott CR1 road bike.

I reluctantly joined up with a friend to complete the rider training and permit tests down at Motorcycle Motion, and much to my surprise have been unable to wipe the smile off my face since getting out of there.

I've since become a lurker on NetRider, reading up on acquiring gear, acquiring insurance and on how to stay upright/alive when I do get out on the road and start practicing. The noobie guides are quite a read and I'm sure will be of great help. I doubt it will be long before you see me down at Saturday practice if I'm welcome to try and absorb some of the knowledge that's around.

Cheers for now,

Leigh

2. hey lurker....welcome :)

3. Welcome Leigh, good to see you have de-lurked. :)

4. Same here mate. I also went down to the sat practice in St kilda and definitely recommend attending. You will learn a lot. I plan on going again once I get my bike back. Hopefully soon might see you down there. Look out for a blacked out ninja!

5. Welcome to NR...

;)

6. Welcome to NR.

I was down there last Sat and learnt a fair bit.

7. welcome aboard :]

8. Cheers all.

9. What day did you get it?

I got mine there too.

10. Sunday 21st. There were 5 scooter riders and one other motorcycle.

11. I went down there Thursday prior.
    Did it on a brand new Honda 150F. Congrats on getting ya lil slip of paper (y) Still waiting for my plastic in the mail.
    What sort of ride you looking for?
    Where ya from mate?

Enjoy the hunt, its annoyingly awesome. So many options :)

12. I updated my address part way through the process so who knows where my plastic will end up.

I've got an Aprilia Pegaso 650 to ride for the next year abouts. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who isn't able to ride it at the moment so all I need is gear and insurance!

I'm actually in the northern suburbs in Coburg, but did the test down south with a friend who lives that way. I'll make him come up here to HART for the license test methinks!

13. wow a rider thats pretty close to me, i'll look out for a pegaso with L plates on the streets :p

14. Know of any reputable bike RWC mechanics around here LordMik? Needs a general service too.

15. My bikes at JapSpec Moto right now getting fixed up, Curtis is a great dude. http://japspec.com.au/ I'd definitely recommend giving him a buzz.

16. I'll check him out. Cheers Mike.

17. Welcome to Netrider!