Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Perth

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Musket, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Hey all,

It's been a while since I've been on here as I moved from Melbourne to Perth. While my bike finally arrived yesterday (4months without her), she now won't start. The guy at the depot is holding onto it for me and is going to try get it started this arvo, so fingers crossed. Top bloke.

Anyway, new to Perth and know no riders, so if anyone is keen for cruising, just PM me whenever you want. I ride a green street triple. Brand new this year, hence my further frustration at the lack of going.

I live in the suburbs 8km north of Perth.

2. So I figure I may as well finish off the story for anyone interested. Bike started Tuesday and went to pick it up Wednesday evening. She started, I jumped on and got about 4km and she switched off while doing 80 on the highway in the right lane. Fun to get left.

Hmmm I think...plenty of fuel in the tank. No idea what's wrong but obviously still a battery issue. I find out apparently the Triumph computer shuts the bike down once the voltage gets below a certain level so no chance of a restart. I call the guy at the depot who got my bike here from Melbourne and he comes and gives me a free tow to JCS. They ask whether the regulator was replaced before I purchased. When I did purchase it that was one specific question I asked the dealer and he said yes. Obviously not.

So, waiting to here what the outcome is.

Most importantly, tip of the cap to Daks at the depot and also to the rider who stopped to lend assistance while I was stranded on the side of the road.

Hopefully better times to come.
  3. Welcome to NR.