Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Shane159, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Hey guys!
    Just signed up to net rider, been riding for a few years now, I own a CBR500R which has been very good to me, have done a lot of riding around Victoria and Sydney alike as I float between the two for work.

I am in the market for a new bike, looking at the new Suzuki GSX S1000/Kawasaki Z1000 which is exciting but the insurance prices that I have been quoted are insanely expensive so am a little off put to say the least!

If anyone has opinions of the best places to insure a litre bike, drop a line PLEASE!
    If anyone has opinions on bikes they are more than welcome as well

Cheers guys and girls.
  2. Welcome Shane:

Do you have an insurance history with your previous bikes?
    Is the bike garaged when at home?
    Do you live in a dubious shady suburb?
    Are you under 25?

All these things will affect the price you pay for insurance but you need to look around and compare and haggle one against the other. Some models just attract higher premium so look at alternate litre bikes if that is what you are after.
  3. Hi and welcome.

Love my Zthou, which I bought new in 2012. I'm no fantastic rider but it floats my boat. Some find them heavy at 220kg wet, and the screaming demon twisty riders probably prefer something smaller and lighter. Stuff 'em, I love it.

I insure mine thru RACV at around $30+ per month. Having said that, I'm 49, which might help. Have claimed with no problems (I was at fault), used my own mechanic for the repairs.
  4. Welcome to NR...
  5. Welcome!!

Insurance is the worst, I went with Youi for my brand new 2015 CBR500RA and as an under 25, learner, with no history I either have to pay a ton of insurance, or a ton of excess :(
  6. So today I did some ringing around to insurance company's, prices are actually ok with some, but AAMI for example $4200 for a $16k bike, forget it! I got 2 quotes with exact same rider/bike details for around $1000 which is acceptable I guess
  7. welcome aboard :]
  8. Welcome aboard. Try QBE been good for me Suzi GSX1250FA 2010$ 30 a month