Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mad Marty, May 26, 2011.

1. Hey all,

Thought it a good idea to jump in and give a shout out :woot:

I'm Marty, my current owner is Freya - My 2011 Yamaha XVS650 Custom.

Fresh to my first meet last Saturday at the learner basics, thanks to Rusti for dragging me along, and riding down there and back with me.

It was an awesome few hours out, great bunch of guys. Special thanks going out to David whom spent alot of time giving advice and feedback.. I'm there listening mate! .. and to all others I spoke to Cheers! , I'll be down there for many more to follow. It's ok to get out on the road or down the local carpark but these mornings bring with them so much useful feedback and a great chance to meet other enthusiasts !

Freya may have only now just done 365km's however every moment on the bike is bringing a massive smile to my face. Doing the odd ride and commute to and from work for the moment.

I firstly got interested in motorcycle riding around 15 years ago, leaving it very late... December 2010 in fact to finally get my L's.

Looking forward to meeting lots of people out there on the road with my eventual goal to go touring around australia ... and from there who knows?

See you all out there \\:D/
  2. Marty, Hi, Good to meet you at practice and welcome to the forums. Lots of good info here too.