Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Floyd Lover, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone
    I'm new to Netrider and riding in general. I'm 34 yrs young and live on the sunny coast in QLD. I just bought my first bike (totally amped), its a Hunter Spyder on December 5th and thanks to the wonderful (not) Queensland weather I've managed to clock up a grand total of 230k's. This is also due in part to only having 2 friends to ride with, who naturally have their own family and work comitments. So if there's anyone out there who lives on or near the Sunshine Coast who doesn't mind riding with a complete novice I'm keen as mustard with a pretty flexible work schedule. Or if anyone has any advice in general feel free to pass it on.

PS to Hornet I read your joining guidelines and it was very well written.
  2. Welcome. Enjoy the ride. Let's see some pix of your machine.
  3. Welcome to the party, newcomers with webbed feet are especially welcome :LOL:
  4. Floyd Lover eh? Welcome...

I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
    It's got a basket, a bell that rings
    And things to make it look good.
    I'd give it to you if I could
    But I borrowed it.
  5. @ NiteKreeper
    Just to clear up any misconceptions "Floyd Lover" means lover of all things created by the musical genius of Pink Floyd
  6. #7 NiteKreeper, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Correct, hence my quote - very early stuff that: [media=youtube]AHRE5dyDKTA[/media]
  7. Haha of course it is, that'll teach me for not really reading the post properly. Saw the ? and took the wrong conotation. Must confess though I tend to only listen to the really old stuff when I fairly messed up. Animals is my all time fav followed closely by pros & cons even if it is a waters solo.
  8. I have all the Waters solos, brilliant stuff esp. Pros & Cons (speaking of messed up!)
    Kinda kept me going between Floyd albums...
  9. Hey Floyd,

Welcome - good to see a few sunny coast guys around here.

Yeah happy to go for a burl on a weekend sometime. Can probably go for a couple hours this Saturday actually, warm up for the group ride on Sunday.
  10. Welcome !! Enjoy the ride !!
  11. Sydney Entertainment Centre in Jan 1988, The Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, the last song of the last set was Comfortably Numb, and by then I most definately was both comfortable and numb.

Fav Floyd Track = Time

Oh yeah almost forgot, welcome to Netrider
  12. welcome in mate
  13. Hi Floyd and welcome to Netrider mate :)
  14. As another SE Queenslander, I can fully empathise with your riding weather woes.....and as Floyd fan, got 'em all, love Obscured By Clouds the best, followed by Animals......welcome to NR.
  15. Unfortunately Saturdays are out for me, I'm a Real Estate agent and Saturdays are my busiest day with Open Homes and inspections, but cheers for the offer.
  16. Welcone matey
  17. Warning. Squid alert!

Welcome anyway mate and have fun