Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Netrider, new to riding

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by whlmn, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Hi!

I hadn't so much as touched a motorcycle until about two weeks ago - despite previously being nervous about the concept of riding, I went and did the pre-learner course on a whim and now I can't stop thinking about riding! I've got my L's and bought myself a 2013 Ninja 300 which I got for pretty cheap relative to the value of the bike new and the amount of kilometres on it.

As of today I've got about 7 hours under my belt - the 4 or so on the Pre-learner's, the hour and a half spent riding the bike back to Armidale from Tamworth NSW after buying the bike from a guy there, and the hour and a half I spent going around town practicing in-city riding (roundabouts, give way, shifting etc), in that order.

I'm exciting to be a part of this community and hopefully after I've got my confidence up a little I can go on a ride with you guys!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hi there,

Welcome to the joy of riding, sounds like you've well and truly been bitten by the bug!

3. Welcome, & enjoy

4. Welcome Whimn, Are you in Sydney? If so the Homebush Saturday morning practice is worthwhile.

5. I'm in Armidale in NSW but I will definitely attend if I make it up there in the next couple of weeks

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome.

Come on an Oxley ride early in the new year. We stay at Port Macquarie, and travel up through Armidale, Ebor, Dorrigo on a loop back to port mac.
    Mid Feb is a probability at this stage..

7. Hello and welcome to NR :)

8. welcome aboard :]

9. G'day,
    I'm also in Armidale and am doing the pre-learner course in a couple of weeks, also just decided to do it on a whim. I used to ride a 125cc a long time ago and thought it was about time to get back on two wheels. Haven't bought a bike yet but am looking around for maybe a ZZR250 or GPX250. Just wanna get something second hand and not too pretty and shiny... less emotionally painful when I drop the thing! hahaha. Might see you around sometime.

Cheers,
    Mike