Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Netrider, new to Australia new to Sydney!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Nanchob, Apr 4, 2008.

1. So I think that makes me a total Newbie!!!!

We moved to Sydney not long ago and one of the first things I did was to look for a bike and bought a Multistrada 620. This is my first bike after a long time away from bikes (with the exception of a couple of tours on rented bikes). I’ve been moving around for work for about 8 years and my last posts were to Bangkok & Kuala Lumpur and neither I nor my wife were keen to join the crazy city traffic of SEA on two wheels, no thanks!

I’m happy with the lil’ Multistrada, I think I did the right decision getting the 620 instead of the 1100, at least while I rebuild my skills and confidence. In any case I’m not a fast rider and quite likely I may be the slowest Ducati rider in NSW.

Since I’ve got the bike we have done a couple of rides with my wife including the Oxlely, Putty, Thunderbolts, Old Pacific Hwy, Bucketts Way and hope to be able to explore the entire wee’ continent sometime in the not too distant future.

Since I’m a total newbie here I believe I will be asking for a lot of advice from you guys concerning, regulations, law’s, routes etc. I hope to get the chance to meet and ride with you guys, that is if you don’t mind me riding near the speed limits!

Finally, I want to say that you guys have been blessed with such a wonderful country and I have already thought about what I’m going to tell my boss when he says that it’s time to be relocated again! :Forget it Dude! I ain’t going nowhere! :grin:

2. <Homer Simpson voice; "Nacho, nacho man, I want to be a nacho man...>

Welcome to Australia, to NSW, the Premier State (that means FIRST, not Morris Enema) and most of all, welcome to Netrider :).
  3. Welcome.

If you're happy with your bike then it's got to be the right bike for you.

There are some youtube clips on riding in asia, I understand what you mean - wild!
  4. Welcome to NR .. and 'DownUnder'
  5. hi and welcome to oz and NR
  6. Welcome to Oz and to netrider...............make yourself known at one of 4(5) coffee meets around Sydney. Almost one on somewhere each night.

7. G'day, welcome to your new life!
  8. Welcome to the madhouse that is Sydney!!! Now to get away....see you at one of the coffee meets :grin:
  9. Welcome :) I'm not too far away so see you around.
  10. Welcome Nanchob to OZ & NR
  11. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Birdman , Yes! I’m enjoying the Uglistrada, not too happy with the wind noise though, that’s perhaps my only criticism so far. I have already fitted an aftermarket touring screen from Eagle Screens (Perth) that provides better protection but creates a lot of turbulence and more noise, so I may have to try a smaller screen.

Will definitely show up at one of the coffee meets!

12. Welcome Nanchob.

See you round at a coffee meet soon & btw don't forget to bring the misses there are a few of us gals that get along to the meets, so she won't be on her own.

13. welcome to NR :grin:
  14. welcome.
    just remember:
    stupid questions are $5.
    Insults and sarcasm are $free