Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Netrider.. just saying Hello

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Taz, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Hi there,

My name is Taz and I have enjoyed reading all the various posts on this site. Thanks to the admin folks for their assistance and to the helpful guy I called re: the coffee meet last Fri I did'nt end up making it to :cry: ... will try again Fri week.

So .. umm .. a little about me .. Although I have lived in Melb for 5 years now, I am still a bit of dork getting around. I ride most weekends with a various selection of guys however sometimes I'm on my own and thought i would join here to hopefully increase my circle of riding buddies.

I have two bikes.. my new baby .. Heritage Softail Deluxe and my 'ol gal Yammy 1,000cc. I tend to do the same ride down to St Kilda most weekends as it's great to sit and people watch after a great ride down from the hills.

I have been riding since I was a teenager - trail bikes mostly - and purchased my first road bike (my Yammy 1,000) in my 30's. I really enjoy meeting other riders and hearing their stories and learning from their experiences... for me .. it's an on-going journey and I'm always learning something new.

Anyhow .. enough from me ..

Cheers and hope to meet up Fri week at Southbank for a coffee... or see ya down at St Kilda on the weekend.

Taz :)

2. Welcome on board Taz. Enjoy your stay, it's always fun on the forums. Catch ya at coffee sometime!! :D

Stew

3. Welcome to the madness and fun of the forums..will catch you at a coffee night! :)

4. welcome to the site from another newbie,
    I might catch you at coffee sometime

Jason

5. G'day Taz, enjoy the lunacy that is netriders.
    I assume with that nickname you come from Tas?

Wish I could get to the coffee sessions :( , but even with the cheaper boat fares it's a bloody expensive brew!

JJ

6. Hey Taz,

Welcome aboard the Gilligan Road Tour specialty site. most people will probably warn you about speaking to me :LOL: :LOL: I see dead people..... :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, welcome aboard and looking forward to occassionally tuning into your show.

Mitch

7. Welcome to the forums Taz :)

8. run away, run away now!!! :D

welcome to the fold from another newbie

9. welcome taz. catch ya at southbank friday night.

10. G'day Taz...nice to meet a fellow newbie!

Which hills are you located in?

11. Hey Taz, pity about the Harley ;-) but welcome aboard :)

12. Hey there Taz and welcome to the fray.

13. Heya Taz :D Nice to meet ya.. Welcome aboard.

Have fun and stay safe

Lisa :twisted:

14. Welcome aBoard Taz. Ride safe.

15. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. :)

And .. nope I am not from Tasmania ... born in Adelaide actually *ducks*

:D

Look forward to putting a few faces to names at your coffee meet Fri week.

Enjoy! :wink:

16. Urk! Taz, your web page 'aint work-safe!

Hi btw. :)

17. :D WHAT Fixed!!! It's NOT WORK-SAFE? Hmm .. well I guess it depends on where ya work? *grin* but then again .. most people *think* it's a lot nortier than it all really is :wink: and that's because they have not taken the time to have a quick read... but it's OK .. as there are no nasty pop ups .. just lots and lots of info .. and STUFF :LOL: It's not too norti .. *promise* :D

Oh and I created a Bike Page for Women inside my site (with a link to netrider :) ) and have already had a number of emails from women who are now going to take their first steps at getting their bike license! How cool is that! I'm wrapped! :D The more the merrier!

http://www.hushnow.com.au/womenbikes.html

Hi back at ya Fixed :)

18. Hi Taz welcome aboard, so are you single?

19. Hi Bond Girl,

Thanks for the welcome .. and yup single here.