Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Netrider, however I've been around bikes for over 35 years

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by GriffT, May 6, 2015.

1. I joined up as I was looking for other KTM Duke 690 riders. They seem to be rare at the track days and events that I frequent. I am starting to see a few 390's and 1290's but the 690's don't seem to be out there.
    I have a 2013 R model with the cup kit fitted, cam, air box, full akro system and a quick shifter.
    This bike has been easy to get used to as it is so light it turns and brakes well.
    I have changed the Michi Pilots(stockers) for a set of Pirelli Super Corsas using a SC1 front and a SC2 rear.
    I run tyre warmers on track days and have found a lot more confidence over the stock tyres. I have a few years experience on these SC's with these compounds on larger bikes and have found with the KTM even though it is smaller and lighter than past machines the tyres are like putting on your favorite sneakers. I know riders love the Michelins I guess its just what your used too.
    Keen to chat to anyone running a Duke in Aus.

2. Ditto, welcome
  3. I was told that michellin should be switched out to pirreli the first thing that a guy does when he gets a bike. Should I bother? Im looking at a yamaha zeal 1998
  4. Howdy GriffTGriffT & welcome to NR!
  5. welcome aboard :]
  6. Welcome GriffTGriffT

IMHO No, The Michelins are good capable tyres for road use. They are not well suited to track work however.
  7. Welcome to NR