Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to netrider and new older rider.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by aussieak, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Hello Everyone,

New to the group and soon will be on my bike.

doing the mid life thing with my bike.

Hope to do my permit with motorcycle in motion and get a Ninja 650 RL ABS 2011 before the end of Winter.

Alex

2. Welcome,
    What part of Oz do you hale from?

3. Mount Waverley Melbourne.

4. Welcome to Netrider, Alex. :)

5. Welcome to NR, sat mornings behind BP Elwood wouldnt be a bad place to start for you, meet up with some great people. Learner things on sat mornings there, check the Sat Morn Riders link and have a read, come on down and inroduce yourself, couple of old veterans there help everyone with tips and pointers through decades of riding experience. God sorry Dave n Doug making you guys sounding as old as the hills here lol

6. Hi Alex and welcome to NR

7. Welcome to NR & Welcome to riding. Head down to St Kilda as soon as you get your bike. What I've learnt in mere 4 sessions is worth 4000 KM's of riding experience (albeit in a much safer environment). :)

Let me take this opportunity to thank NR again!

=D> for Doug & Dave.

8. Thanks everyone. One of the main reasons I joined is to get some good advice and tips form these rides as recommended by fellow riders on whirlpool.

9. Welcome and this man talks the truth

10. ...& you wont be disappointed! A plethora of information here plus if you attend the Saturday Session, then you can actually talk to all the experienced riders, ask more questions & basically keep on learning. :)

and yeah...mid life thing here as well! :-s

11. Yep the Sat session is on the cards. Just dont tell my BL. he will be most upset that Iam not taking his advice all the time LOL as he whistles past me on his 98 trumpy thunderbird