Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by kenbam, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Hi, have lurked for awhile, though id introduce my self. Names Ken, a 51 yr old on my P's. ride a 2013 CBR500r and have a 2001 GSXR 750 waiting for my P's to expire. Would have got licence years ago but wife said if i got a bike she'd leave. Wife's gone and i now have 2 bikes.. GSXR is at the moment unregistered, got it as a project but really needs nothing.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. I hope that you find much happiness with your new relationship and that the bikes are less trouble and expense than the wife.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome to NR kenbamkenbam . From another late starter, let me say that the important thing is that you are riding now. Have lots of fun and stay safe. :happy:
  4. Hi and welcome! 51 yo here as well, got my fulls in September ....:)
  5. If you already have a wife, the motorcycles will not come running. If you already have a motorcycle, the girls will come running. So kudos on the smart move :finger:
  6. Afternoon Ladies and Gents. Been in Perth for the past 6+ years, and bikeless. Had a lovely Suzuki 650 Katana, which was a project and a Baby 400cc FireBlade back in wet South Wales. The Katana was given to a mate to finish (90% complete) and the 400 was sold. I am after a little " butt" "butt"..nothing fancy but a classic small cafe racer..No... i don't want to take of at the traffic lights, just something around the 400cc mark and a classical chugger. Want to look cool in my old age ;-) Any recommendations ??
  7. What's the budget? If it's unlimited, get one of the new LAMS Harleys and convert that to a café racer, just modify the front and keep the back as it is. I think that would be a crack up. You were probably after something a little more practical though yes?