Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Argonaut64, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Hi all
    been riding my 2012 piaggio fly 150 everyday for nearly three years, almost 9,000kms. M 50yo 170cm 78kg.
    Looking to move to a grown up bike with gears and stuff but will leave that to a different thread.

2. Welcome mate, you'll get plenty of feedback here so I'll start by saying at your height I'd go and sit on a bunch of showroom bikes as many will just feel way to tall - so automatically narrows your choice. Enjoy the shopping!! :D

3. It depends what you want to use it for ( everyday commuter, city ride, twisties) and also what you enjoy.

I personally would buy something like a sports-tourer or a naked. Choices are endless and depends on your budget and how you want to live.

4. +1
    I found the following website very useful to get an idea on how different bikes will fit your ergonomics:
    http://cycle-ergo.com/
    This will help you to shortlist the best candidates, but ultimately, as Chillibutton said before, going to a showroom and sitting on your chosen ones is the way to go. Exciting times ahead! Welcome to NR :)

5. Welcome!!!!

6. Welcome to NR. Good luck with your search for your next bike.