Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Forum - Melb

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Caspar, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Have just registered and thought I'd say hi

I'm a 24 yo female from Melbourne and I ride a kawasaki Ninja 250r 2009. Have owned it for 3 years, but haven't ridden as much as I would like, and am hoping to meet more people to ride with.

Some advice please - I need to buy more gear (Have lost a whole bunch of weight), so are there any recommendations on where to buy? I've gone to Peter Stevens in the City and AMX in Keilor... but they don't seem to have much of a range in woman's jackets.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Jessie

2. Welcome to NR. (y)

3. Welcome to Netrider, Caspar :)

Keep an eye on our internal classifieds as well; there's pretty well always some gear for sale, and often ladies' gear....

4. You could try Ebay and Gumtree as they tend to have a fair bit of women's bike apparel.

5. Hey Jessie,

As somebody else has suggested online may be the way to go. Two good websites I can reccomend are revzilla.com (most products have detailed/video reviews), and also newenough.com.

If you go to revzilla and go to the clearance section you can usually score a bargain.

6. Thanks for the info! I've been keeping an eye out on eBay and Gumtree, but there isn't really much.

Any walk-in stores that are good?

7. Hey Pockets,

That is really helpful and they appear to have some good stuff. I'm just worried about sizing, so are you aware of any places to try things on?

Thanks again!

8. No worries. I went to Peter Stevens in the city pretending I was going to buy, and tried on all gear for sizes. Though the range may not be the greatest, and they may not be the best jackets, they definitely had enough to check sizes.

In case you're not aware there are 2 separate shops in peter stevens, one is up the escalators on the main floor, another is through a side door on the left hand side if your facing the shop, go up the stairs and around and there is another little area with gear.

All the best.

9. Hi Caspar, welcome to NR.
    I have purchased nearly all of my gear online (usually ebay - from US) - most of it is Joe Rocket and Triumph. You just need to find a dealer that shows measurements - I haven't purchased anything ill-fitting yet. The only store-bought item was a Dianese jacket which I really needed to try a few as I found their sizing doesn't cater well for *ahem* b00bs.
    Last time I was in Bike Mart in Ringwood they had a pretty good range of women's gear - might be worth trying them.

10.  Top
  11. I think I may have missed some of those sections actually! I might take a lunch break next week to go have a look at some more gear there, and see if I've missed anything. Thanks again :)

12. Welcome Caspar :)

13. Hi Reesa, thanks for the welcome!

My current jacket is Dainese and I think I would prefer to go down that road again. And yes, they always seem to be a bit tighter in that region unfortunately! I will look into Bike Mart in Ringwood... the more options the better.

Thanks Goddie. I would absolutely love to go... Unfortunately though, my current gear is way too big, and I most likely won't get new gear before this Sunday.

14. sorry i was sitting around the house and then got this wierd feeling...did someone say b00bs?

15. Wecome to the NutHouse 8-[ !!!

16. Yep I only realized around the 3rd time I went there that there was another section.

17. Welcome.

I'll be very interested in the progress of this thread and how many people read it.

Good luck with finding the gear you need.

Tablet talkin'

18. Thanks :) ... but where is my help from you? You can't come in and not leave any advice for me Mr. Binary!

19. Haha...... Touche

You've already managed to find most of the usual suspects for bike gear (AMX, PS clearance etc)

Not being a member of the fairer sex I can't give you too much info on where to go for ladies gear. If you work in the CBD float in and out of PS and MARS, they often have some really good stuff marked down.

Hey, you might even bump into a fellow NetRider........ You never know.

Tablet talkin'

20. Oh for sure... I'll be popping in during lunch a few times early next week, and I didn't know of MARS, so thanks for your advice there :)

Can't wait to go on rides with many of you, I'm really looking forward to it... more motivation to get the gear I need now!