Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to forum but not to bikes

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Tastiger, Dec 2, 2015.

1. G'day all

Thought it was about time I introduced myself around here. I've been riding since the mid seventies and still have the first road bike I bought.

First bike was a Yamaha DT100 in '74. followed by a Kawasaki KS 125 in '75. I kept that bike for a few years but in the meantime bought an old Triumph bitza late in '76. Other bikes have included a Triumph Bonneville, Ducati Pantah, a couple of Yam 650 twins, an SR500 single and a Kawasaki GT750 which took me and Wonder Wife on our honeymoon.

All of those bikes are gone now, with the exception of the original Triumph. I can't see myself ever getting rid of her. After all, we were both born in the same year, 1958.

Anyhow, that's me. I'm sure it'll be a pleasure getting to know you all.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome Tastiger. Pleased to meet you.
  3. Welcome to Netrider TastigerTastiger good to see another Taswegian joining the ranks. Post up some Tassie scenery when you can - it's good to make the big island riders jealous........
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Welcome Aboard :)
  5. Welcome to NR...

Some pics of the bike please...
  6. welcome to Netrider Tastiger! ....many years ago I owned a 1958 Triumph Thunderbird...great bike, crap brakes! (y)
  7. As requested, a pic of the Triumph. This is from a couple of years ago but it hasn't changed much.

• Like Like x 2