Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New to Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Magicmarker, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I've been lurking this forum for a while and it has some awesome stuff on it. I moved to Sydney from NZ a couple of months back and am getting used to how quick things are going here.

I started riding when I was 16 on a Yamaha FZR250RR which I loved very much, and then I moved on to a 1998 CB400. Since moving out of home for uni I haven't ridden for the past 5 years and have been itching to get back into it.

I've picked up most of my gear (helmet, pants, gloves, jacket) and am just waiting to pounce on a bike that comes my way. Since I haven't ridden for a while, I have my doubts on my skills so will try to get on a friendlier non sports 500/600cc bike.

Looking forward to picking one up and joining a group ride some time :D
  2. Welcome to Netrider, and New Zealand West :LOL:
  3. welcome to NR, homebush is gathering place for prac sessions, good place to meet n greet :)
  4. Thanks for that Goddie, I'm just out in Parramatta, so will have to look further into it. Hope it's alright if I don't turn up on a bike, but that should all change soon!
  5. I am in melb and we encourage all to turn up, bike or no bike, I am sure the Sydney crew will welcome you [might hear a kiwi accent amongst them lol]
  6. Hey welcome, go a 600cc