Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Sydney Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by LimaEchoOscar, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hi All,

I am Leo and a beginner rider (well if you exclude 2 years of riding but that was 5years ago).

Just recently bought a CBR250RR and so far loving it. These forums have been a real good read for me before I purchased the bike.

Looking forward to spending some time on the bike and here and hopefully we bump into each other on sydney meets!

I am not sure if I am allowed to post pic of my ride.

2. hi there leo and welcome to the forums.... :)

3. Hey there. Where abouts in sydney are you, north, south, east, west?

See you around

4. hey phizog,

I am in marrickville, near sydenham.

5. Hello from a fellow learner, enjoy this place! :grin:

6. hey I could do with some advise from fellow CBR250RR owners.

I have troubles getting the bike in neutral when on the road (when the bike is on). I have practiced when the bike is off and its pretty simple.

Just seem to switch from 1st to 2nd and back and forth when its on, is there a trick to this thing to get it in neutral?

7. Welcome, Leo :)

I'll leave the CBR technical questions to one of the 2,500 people here who own one :LOL:.

8. Sorry if its different for a CBR, but I find that on my bike, it needs to be a light tap up, too hard and I get into 2nd

9. ^^ agree, but could be different to the hairdryers...

where abouts in sydney are you mate?

10. Neutral is half way between first and second, so half a click up.

11. Welcome to the Forum and of course you can post a pic of your ride. And then go to the Garage and post a few

Try it whilst you are rolling to a stop - some bikes prefer to go into neutral before stopping.

12. welcome you could also try slip the clutch just a little as you try shift in to neutral

13. Welcome to netrider :)

14. welcome mate.....

Its easier to go to neutral from second gear, light tap down... thats wat i find anyways,... :LOL:

15. Thanks for the warm welcome guys :p

I think a little bit of practice yesterday, I am finding it easier to click to neutral.

Btw, anyone in marrickville area up for weekend rides?

16. Hi Leo,

I'm from Earlwood and I passed my learners test last week. Looking to buy a 250RR very soon. Will be up for weekend rides for sure.

Anthony.

17.  Top
  18. Welcome dude, look forward to seeing u on a ride.