Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Sydney Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Storm Wind, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    I've been riding for over 20 years and have a huge ride coming up. I ride a Suzuki GSX1250FA and look forward to chatting to other riders.

2. welcome aboard :)
  3. Welcome mate :cool:
  4. Welcome mate, huge ride where?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm doing Uluru and Darwin in August. I'm leaving Sydney on the 6th to Dubbo, then to Broken Hill the next day for 2 nights, then Port Augusta, etc.

Got the accommodation booked at Uluru and Cober Peedy and will wing it for other places. The motorcycle is booked in for service and tyre change.

Doing a test setup for the trip tomorrow with the gear I'll be carrying.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Awesome, done any big ones before?
  7. Longest trip was Tassie on my old Suzuki GSX750F. Did 5300-5500kms over 3 weeks with half in one week. That was several years ago. Done a trip to Parkes last year, doing a roundabout trip back the next day. Since that hit me physically, I've gone off the alcohol since new years eve for this trip.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Plenty long distance riders here if you want to tap into any advice etc...
    Just chuck up a new thread and see who responds. Have a good trip...and post pics, we love 'em.
  9. Thanks for that. I'll definitely do it, as it's always fun to ride with others, especially for a trip this big.
  10. Welcome mate. Hey, with a name like that, are you from "days of our lives"?
  11. Nah. I decided to have a different name than my others.

Wanted something creative and I've ridden in a few nasty storms. One of the worst was when I was leaving Hobart on the way to Binalong Bay .
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ride like the wind, Storm WindStorm Wind. Nice long ride planned there...........
  13. Thanks. You try to plan for any eventuality, but that's impossible.
  14. Aloha Storm WindStorm Wind ...
    I thought you got your name from riding in the last week with massive gale force winds! It's a struggle to keep the bike upright in places.

Good on you for touring to places. As the peeps before this have said; put up plenty of photos and a trip thread :)

Jealous ... Just a little ;)
  15. Oh just in case too. Put up a thread in the Events page. Sometimes riders miss the others but not the event threads :)
  16. Welcome to the forum.

Try the Majestic Oasis in Port Augusta. It's neither majestic nor an oasis but it's the best there is!
    Good luck!
  17. Welcome to NR..

All the best for the road trip..