Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Sydney rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Neutralb bike, May 12, 2015.

1. hello everyone

Just got my L plates, did the pre learner course at st ives HART. My first time on a bike but it all went well. Late starter (mid 30s) but already wishing I started earlier.

Started bike and gear shopping now, current choice is Yahama MT07, thoughts?
    Bit worried about first ride, Neutral bay streets are busy and crossing Military road will be fun!

Loving netrider forum, I've picked up so much info from here ........ :]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction!

3. Welcome mate, the MT07 seems to be a good LAMS bike, well regarded, good build quality, good price.

4. welcome aboard :]

5. G'day Neutralb, welcome to NR. I'm a new rider in my late thirties too. I was very nearly talked into a Yamaha MT-07 and it would have been no bad thing if that's what I'd bought instead - I don't think you'll be disappointed either.

6. Hi Neutralb, welcome :) I'm in my mid 30s. First time on a bike was last week having a 1 on 1 lesson. Hope all goes well for you!

7. Welcome mate hope you enjoy the forums and the rides as much as I am!

8. I have travelled thousands of km with one, they are (in terms of performance) one of the best LAMS bikes going. They handle touring duty quite well for a naked, only at the upper end of brisk does it start to become a bit of a challenge. Urban duty, there is prob no better LAMS bike available right now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to Netrider, and to the scary joys of the road!

10. G'day to you neutralb bike and welcome to NR. I've seen a fair bit on the MT07 and am led to believe it's a decent bit of kit for a new rider. Enjoy yourself out there

11. Thanks guys.

I went and got the mt07
    Got some gear today now just to get on it and go

• Like Like x 2