Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Syd rider

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Vereor, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Since I've been lurking for a while I figure I'd post up. There's some really great information on this site coming from all the experienced riders and as a n00b it's been very helpful. Thanks all.

Got a 2010 Hyosung GT650R red/black in November and just been riding around ever since. Only one close call so far involving some water/oil patch on a corner on new south head road.. but all good apart from that. Though it's a biatch to get it to u-turn. I'll be heading out to the L's sessions early next year when they start up again to see if I can rectify that.

Mostly get around the city/east sydney/northern beaches/shire, occasionally out west as well. My current favourite route is from the CBD up to Watsons bay then down to La-perouse through all the little windy roads along the coast. It's a nice ride.

Obligatory pics:

See you guys out there ;)
  2. Hi, welcome! Your U-turns will improve heaps once you start on your L sessions!
  3. Hey mate. I only just got my license yesterday and the bike cones today. I notice you ride in my area. I live in Darling point. If you are keen in the new year I'm getting an east Sydney group together for learner rides.
  4. Thanks Ametha ;)

Chiro, I'm up for it just let me know when. I haven't been on any group rides yet so it should be fun
  5. If appearances mean anything, you've got it made :LOL:.
  6. Hyosungs are very difficult to do tight u-turns on as are monsters for one reason and one reason only, they have a crap turning circle!
    You'd think being a v-twin it would have an excellent turning lock on the steering , but it's quit the opposite they have a crap turning circle.

Being a v-twin they are narrower than a in-line four or parrell twin but because of the engine lay out of the v-twin it made the radiator have to sit quit far forward as a result ,this is where they fall short when turning, cause the radiator is in the way resulting in that poor turning lock.

Its not impossible to do fairly good u-turns on a one but they will never be as tight as say a CBF/VTR/DRZ/BALIUS/HORNET/BANDIT or most others LAMS bikes, sorry but you just have to learn to live with that down fall.