Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Suzuki concept bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by jd, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Pretty sure there was a thread about this yesterday but it seems to have disappeared. Suzuki has revealed a new concept bike called the Stratosphere which appears to have styling heavily based on the Katana. Hopefully it goes ahead for production, the parallel 6 engine should quiten all those who complain about the Japanese only churning out 4-cylinder sportsbikes. Don't know if I like the headlights though.

2. looks ok i guess :? but what i like about the katana is the age of it, that thing doesn't look futureistic anymore and it doesn't look retro either, not exactly classic material so i doubt there'd be much of a market for it.

like the 6, have you got any more details on it (size, weight, power?). i still reckon the BKing was much more on the money :D

3. Looks plain nasty to me :(

4. Yeah, probably should have mentioned its 1100cc and supposedly putting out 180bhp.

5. meh, no accounting for tastes, I'm normally pretty conservative in these sorts of things, but I like it!
    Wonder if it will SOUND as nice as the Honda CBX??
    (Tall tales; one of the teams working on the CBX was next to a USAF base where Phantoms took off and landed, and just for fun they built a six-into-one exhaust system that sounded JUST LIKE A PHANTOM on take-off!!! Needless to say it didn't get to production.....)

6. Yeah, that was me. I just thought that nobody liked it :LOL:
    Or me :( :LOL:

I think it's great. An in-line 6 again, certainly beats all those boring 4's :eek:

7. Anyway... Hans Muth designed the R65LS before the Katana... :p :p

8. No, don't know where the original thread went, appears to be a mystery all round... maybe somebody took real offence to the new Kat :LOL:

Whatever :roll: new Katana, fab (but not as fab as the K1200S).

9. Sifn't take the opportunity to put three pipes on each side.

That said, GARGH that's fugly. Plus...what's a full system gonna cost for that? :shock:

10. interesting... I have the new BMW on another page and I'm just flicking b/w the two.... is there a certain new "style" developing??

If so does my VFR look cool??

11. Inline 6 hey.... I wonder if anyone would be flexible enough to stradle it. :wink:

12. As TonyE Hans Muth designed both BMWs and the Katana so perhaps they've both just evolved along similar lines. The answer to your second question is no :p .

13. That thing just looks plain ugly, and I would be bloody suprised if it ever gets further than concept stage.

180hp? Anyone for windblast!?

Would sound great though!

14. Apparently the engine is exactly the same width as a Fireblade's, which kind of takes some of the fun out of it for me.

15. I hope the consumer backlash about it's looks doesn't kill the engine. Seen a few good engines disapear, because they were in a bad or ugly bike. e.g. rf900

16. The bike is just plain ugly looks like a 1980s reject suzuki please dont do it
    :shock:

17. That's the spirit, start as you mean to go on :LOL:

Welcome to the forums, thunderheart.

18. Thanks nearlyempty nice to be here I always say it like it is when has a concept bike ever looked any good :wink:

19. BKing :wink:

20. The Honda VTR1000 concept at the Melbourne expo looked good (but then I actually like the new Suzuki).