Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New speed camera on Spit hill?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Pink500, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coming down Spit road tonight heading into Manly I noticed that the front-facing speed camera on the other side of the road seems to have a friend next to it facing the other way. Has anyone else noticed this, and if so do you know if it's to catch motorists heading up the hill from behind, or is it to get people on the other side of the road on their way down?

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the one on the top of the hill, it's the one half way up, before the bends.

2. I noticed that about 3 weeks ago and I cannot work it out.

I think the camera is the big single box facing down the hill and the other three are speed detectors................a couple of different speeds there ( 30km/h for trucks and buses)

But, I can't be sure if there is ony one camera anymore!
  3. :LOL: @ Manly Spit Road.
  4. [​IMG]
  5. Having a suburb called Manly in Sydney is a little ridiculous...

They should rename it Priscilla to be more in keeping with the real Sydney. :p :p :LOL:
  6. Confirmation

I can now confirm that there is another camera facing up the hill that gets the rear of your vehicle as today I got a lovely letter in the mail from the State Debt Recovery Office :mad:

I may contest it depending on whether the sign at the bottom of the hill say "Speed Camera ahead" or "Speed Cameras ahead" because the law says all fixed cameras in NSW are to be signposted. I will check tomorrow morning
  7. Well we probably shouldn't mention Boystown, then, should we???
  8. That sucks Peter :( Good luck dealing withthe SDRO, they are first rate assclowns.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.