Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Sign up in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by zeck, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Hi All,
    I just got a new bike after being out of the scene for about 4 years. I've tried taking out all my frustrations on a Mountain bike for a number of years, but Suzuki kept bringing out better and better bikes. So here I am tempted by the dark side again, and I can't wipe the smile off my face every time I ride it.
    It's great to see such an enthusiastic forum, and I look forward to catching up with you all on the road.
    Zeck (Alias Nad).

2. That will certainly happen; you won't be able to avoid the Melbourne Netriders and their intravenous coffee nights!

Welcome, and welcome back :grin:
  3. Hi mate and welcome to the forums.

Great to see you back on the bike and a fine choice indeed.!!!

Anyway I guess the old excuse of "should sell my bike cause I have noone to ride with" will soon be a thing of the past. !! :grin: :grin:

Try not to get too adicted to the forums, the boss might get a little grumpy if he finds both of us here typing all day. ;)
  4. Hey zeck, welcome to the forums :)
    Nice choice in bike too, what colour did you get?
    Hope to see it down at one of the coffee nights soon.
  5. Great to see an enthusiastic rider (is there any other kind) - welcome :)
  6. bike colour

Hey flipper,
    I ended up getting the grey/silver. I'm still running the thing in so I haven't seen what it can do yet. It's probably a good thing I'm not getting too heavy on the throttle, as I haven't touched the suspension setting yet and the handling is quite different to my old bike. All part of the fun of getting a new bike thou...
  7. Hey Zeck, welcome. Wouldn't mind a Gixxer myself but alas, i am still on restictions.
  8. Welcome and very nice wheels you have there.. :grin:
  9. aah - you're working with egiste. well in that case your sanity's already in doubt and no warning is required :wink:

welcome aboard mate :)
  10. Welcome, glad to see you on a bike again... and what a bike. is it as good as they say it is?
  11. Re: is it as good as they say it is?

Welcome, glad to see you on a bike again... and what a bike. is it as good as they say it is?

The bike is still on it's first tank of fuel, but from the little riding I've done, it feels bloody awsome. I can't believe that a bike that is so light and small can be easy to ride in the wet, and goes like a rocket as soon as you think about using the throttle. I've had a couple of the gsxr 750's but this beast is a whole different ball game.
  12. Welcome aboard, zeck. Good to see you at the coffee night last night. Welcome to the forums.

13. Compliment taken as intended :grin: :grin:
  14. mental state

Generally people are more accomodating if they think your have a few sheep missing in the top paddock. but egiste takes it to a whole new level. :wink: