Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New screen.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by crazynate, Dec 23, 2008.

1. I am looking for online shops for a double bubble tinted screen for my 2000 CBR600 (F4).

Looked on ebay and most look to come from Hong Kong and are fairly cheap but the quality may be lacking.

Can anyone suggest a store or brand they have used and the cost I am up for... the less $$ the better but I don't want absolute crap, if that makes any sense.

2. I bought a tinted screen for my ZX-9R from Eagle Screens, they gave me a quote of $130 for a standard, $135 for a windlip, and $155 for double bubble (that's for any colour tint or clear) + $18 for freight. I'm really happy with it, it looks great and fits perfectly :grin: I'm not sure that they're the cheapest out there, but I have been assured by others that they are top quality screens.

3. I just bought a tinted doubble bubble from moto 777 in Kowloon. ebay.
    $10-00 US and $24-00 US postage, = $56-00 AUD. Ordered, paid for and delivered in less than a week, Fitted perfectly and I could not be happier with it, I know a few others with the same screen and they also are very pleased with theirs.
    They also do full fairing kits in any colour you like, A bloke in NZ got one and he says it is terrific, aproximately $900-00 AUD delivered.
    Brian.

4. Well I just purchased one of these screens and it cost me the princely sum of $44 AUD delivered. For that money if it last a couple of years no biggie... buy another one!!

Looked at Puig, Zero gravity, Eagle etc but don't have the coin at the moment. At 6'3" the OEM screen makes riding at 100kph hard work as the airflow smashes me in the chest and up under the helmet chin strap.

5. My mate bought one of those Eagle ones and hated it, It is not centered and you can see the bumps in it where it was bent by hand, Cost him $180-00 AUD plus $40-00 to deliver. I had it in my hand as I was thinking of buying it from him. Yukkkkkkk I then bought mine from Moto 777 and couldn't be happier with it, But I am only 5 foot 9 inches,
    Brian.

6. I tried searching on eBay but couldn't see any of these at the moment, I'm after one for my '99 CBR600F.

I couldn't find the screens or Moto 777, anyone have a link to this user/store? Thanks.

7. I love the ebay specials :D

Had a $30 aud delivered for the SV, had it on for a year and still perfect at the end of it. Fit was fine, quality was fine.

8. $30 (delivered) hong kong double bubble on my gixxer, no problem with fitting or quality suprisingly - I was very impressed for the $$ (I actually cant tell the difference between it and a mates more $$ one)

9. screens

It all depends on the exchange rate when you buy them, My mate got his for thirty Dollars AUD I paid $54-00 AUD, the price from Kowloon was the same, the delivery price was the same, $10-00 US screen, $24-00 US delivery. The fit was perfect, the Quality is excellent, I couldn't be happier.
    Brian.

10. Give Powerbronze a try. I have one of their screens. Nice finishes, and their office is in Melb so sending to Briz vegas shouldn't be too bad.

11. internet explorer, click on moto 777 and take it from there.

12. Rant on.

My screen is here woo hoo, better go pick it up. Sweet, I have time to fit it before work So off I go tothe post office and then it all goes pear shaped.

Bloody Auspost.... They leave a card saying it is available for pickup and when I get there they tell me its after 4pm...... so put it on the bloody card spastic!! Also keep the attitude ya Auspost mole, there was no time marked on the card.... your fault not mine!!

So now i can't pick up my screen until tomorrow coz i start work at 430pm. I won't have time to fit it for a week or so now..... not happy.

Rant off.

13. Crisis over... :grin:

Screen picked up and fitted.

Looks ok, its very dark and kind of looks wierd against the front of my bike which is black but it did cost bugger all so beggars can't be choosers. How it looks will be secondary to how it deflects wind coz at the moment the old screen shoots air straight under my chin and into my chest.

Yet to do a highway test, will update later.

14. You can have a look at mine on the Bird with risers.
    Jan 4th run to Marysville Cambarvale, Mine is terrific, love it,
    It also depends on how tall you are.
    Brian.

15. Cheers Brian for your advise on the screen. I will be taking it to work on the Gateway this arvo so I should get an idea of how it works.

Here is a pic.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/syconate/06012009004.jpg