Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Scooter rider in Victoria.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Pete in Gisborne, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Just bought a Honda Dio for riding around the Macdon Ranges area. Got my L plates in January so now to get some experience before going for the license.

just turned 65 and this was on the list of things to do. Never ridden a motor cycle ever before. The biggest problem at the moment is it takes longer to get all the gear on than ride down for coffee!!

2. Welcome Pete, Go to a Coffee shop further away ;) The journey is the thing. I recommend Seasons in Riddells Creek. :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Welcome to the forum Pete!

That's half the fun of going for a coffee. Most people would gladly go out of their way for a coffee and forget to mention the trip is 250kms away , full of twisty roads and assorted wildlife. Any excuse to ride :)

Here's to many an adventure!
  4. thanks Chris, I will give Seasons a go the next cool day.
  5. Thanks Jaytee for the welcome.
  6. Hi and welcome Pete. Coffee and motorcycling go well together, tomorrow we are riding nearly 400km to get one! Aren't we cjvfrcjvfr ?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. welcome from a fellow scooter rider - enjoy your rides
  8. Hope it's still hot when you get back!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks Peony, so far so good, er make that great.
  10. welcome aboard :]
  11. Good on you! Take CJVFR and Jaytee's advice and make a list of coffee shops to ride to.
    I now have a great list of coffee stops all over the place now...oh and for the cakes...oh and for the savoury things as well!(y)
  12. Howdy doody...welcome :)
  13. Stolen my name and a fair chuck of my age. Welcome to 2 wheels heaven.
  14. Welcome to NR...