Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Danniet, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Hi, I am a new rider and wonder where i can go to learn to ride safely in Adelaide North area

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi and welcome Danniet, what bike do you have? I reckon GoldNineGoldNine would be able to point you in the right direction here, being a local and all (Hi John:D)

• Like Like x 1
  3. welcome aboard :]

4. Welcome to the forum mate!

5. Welcome, enjoy the process! Have you got a bike yet, if so which one?

6. Welcome to NR..

7. Hi mate , sorry I didn't see this post as I've been rather worried about the fire as I've got family in that area (all good fortunately).
    DannietDanniet , firstly welcome ! Secondly , what do you mean by learn to ride safely in the north ? Do you mean where to go to get your license or are you meaning that you are licensed but want to know where to go to practice ?

8. Hi, I would like to have somewhere to practice before I gain my licence. Do you know anywhere that I can do that? Thanks

9. Thanks, I have a Yamaha Virago

10. Thank you.

11. Thanks

12. Hi, thanks, I have a Yamaha Virago

13. Thanks

14. If you mean before you go for your Learner's license then sorry , no I don't. Even a shopping centre carpark (after hours when it's empty obviously) , you would need to be on your L's.

However if this is what you're concerned about , don't be.
    This is precisely what the Ridersafe training course is designed to do - take someone with zero exposure to riding a motorcycle and teach them the basics to a standard where they are then capable of being allowed out onto the road.

If however you mean that you have your L's but want somewhere safe to practice before going for your P's , then supermarket or shopping centre carparks (after business hours) make good practice grounds.

Alternatively you could try Jeffrey Lane who runs Radskills rider and driver training , who also does one-on-one sessions . His number is : 08 8396 6719 .

Or Roger Pfeiffer from Moto Riders Choice Service and Repair Centre . Roger is also a rider trainer and can also do one-on-one training sessions. Hi number is 0418 696 987. Roger is located in the southern suburbs though but he may be able to come to you if necessary.
    Hope this helps you .