Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by foamer, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Hi guys,
    Just bought my first bike and will be looking on here for some tips.
    Have generally played with cars until now, so this will be a new experience.
    I have purchased a 04 Z750, and am already on the lookout for some minor mods, such as tail tidy, bar end mirrors and belly pan, so if anybody can recommend a site or two, that would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Miso

2. Welcome. What license do you have and how long have you been riding for?

3. If he has a 750 he must have a full licence, no ?

Although first bike ? Track bike ?

Welcome

4. You'd think he should but "first bike"makes it questionable which is why I asked.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry, should have been more clear.
    Have had my full licence for over 5 years, but this is the first my first bike that I will actually own, and the first bike in the same period that has a clutch (have ridden scooters from time to time, including a month in thailand where we used them as every day transport)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Weather was finally half decent to take the bike out for my first ride in years.
    I think I might stick to a few quiet rides around my back streets for a few sessions until I get used to riding again, as I was quite dusty.
    Bike felt fantastic though, apart from rubbish after market mirrors and poor wind protection.