Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Eddyc9, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Hey Guys!
    I'm Eddy, coming from Sydney (+1 for sydney) and I'm a fairly new rider on the road.

My track record is I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger, at 18 got my L's for the road but tore my knee about 2 months afterwards so had to sell both my bikes (gsx250f across 90's model and Hyosung gt250r '08 model) so that I could pay for my knee reconstruction. After about 6 months ( Since only have 12 months for L's) was going to go back to having a motorbike. But with my luck, I tore my knee again and was unable to ride. So had surgery in Feb and haven't been able to ride since, but now that I'm close enough to be able to, I'll have to get my L's again and start all over again.

Bike wise, I'm not the most knowledgeable but I'd like to change that a bit and get into bikes. I'm currently looking for a 250cc but on a student budget, it's a bit rough. Apart from that, I'm open to anything from 125's to 600's and even scooters if I get a deal worth looking at.

If you'd like to know anything else, I'm happy to share!

2. Welcome Eddyc9, hopefully you have kept your helmet and gear that may help the budget a bit. There is a Suzuki Bandit for sale in the classified section for $2200. I know a student budget can be tight. :)

Good Luck.
  3. Get one of those Chinese thingies.