Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by kid180, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hey people how you doing?
    Been looking around this site for a week or two now and decide to say hello.

Hopefully getting my first bike this weekend and going for my learners test the following weekend, so pumped for it all.

Looking at getting a GPX250R for my first bike seems like a decent bike all round for the price

Once I get my full R class in the future I'm hoping to get a GSXR1000, my dads mate had one when I was younger and I just remember him kicking ass on that thing and wanting one ever since.

2. Another Adelaidian; welcome to Netrider, pull up a chair and make yourself at home....

3. Welcome, had a gpx 250 as my first bike and they are great little weapons - quick off the mark and easy to throw around corner's...plus by most people's account's You can't really kill the bastards

just remember to take it easy on the roads and remember everyone IS out to kill you so ride defensively lol...breaking the law might earn you a fine or loss of license...but if it's called for it might also save your life ...keep that mindframe and you'll more than likely survive the first few months without incident (minus possibly stalling at lights or messing up your footing and dropping the bike =D)

good luck with your l's test man...keep your head up...do your head checks...and dont stress about it..it's easy

4. I've heard a lot of stories from my dad about idiots in cars and what to watch out for, his been riding since he was about 16 and is now in his 50,s, so there's lots of bits I'm learning from him.

And I'm getting the gpx this Saturday went to look at it today with my day saw how it looked and sound and automaticly wanted it, getting so pumped for the test can't wait to get out and fell the freedom of riding.