Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by darcmate, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Hi guys I'm new to riding, recently got my L's and picked up a CBR250RR.

I'm from Victoria and I am LOVING my bike. I'll probably be coming to these forums a lot, I have been looking at them for quite a while and I have picked up heaps of good advice so far.

2. Welcome to NR. :)
  3. welcome to NR, so we'll see you sat morning at prac session then?
  4. not this saturday.

soon though.

I'm in Melton, I think I'll build a bit of confidence before riding across the westgate.

I only just got back from my first highway ride and the wind was crazy.
    I only went about 7kms.
  5. Welcome to NR darc! What part of Vic you hail from?
  6. you can approach from either the westgate or calder and yes open roads and out your way can get blowy, learn to relax [not holding the handle bars in a death grip] when you get cross winds allow the bike to move under you, you stay upright tho. practise and more practise.
  7. I should be at this sat morning session. I'm coming from ballarat so I can pick you up on the way through if you fancy.
    I need to meet some of the guys on the way in too,.so we can follow them in.
  8. Sounds like a plan Jay (y)

And Darc .... to relax on the bike ..
    "chicken wings " is the best way , loosen your grip on the bars and "flap" your elbows .. sounds and looks ridiculous ... but trust me it works :D

And Welcome to the Nuthouse :)
  9. Welcome to NR. (y)
  10. thanks for the tips, i used them tonight.

me and my mate went out cruising through the hills up near gordon then back along the highway. about 3 hours riding, helped me alot.

still think I'll give this weeks sesh a miss, I'll come in the future though for sure.
  11. Hi darcmate and welcome to NR