Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new rider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ajj, Jul 4, 2011.

1. G,day I'm a 30 year old male from the eastern suburbs of sydney.
    I inherited a 250 scooter and have been riding it around for 14 months.
    Only a month to go and I will be off my restrictions and am starting to look at getting a bike.

So the question is did anyone start on a scooter and move to a bike when they came of restrictions. Which bike to get as there is no need to get a lams bike.

I realise a scooter to a litre bike might be a bit much,
    I was thinking of getting an unrestricted version of a lams bike e.g ninja 650r.
    Do the same principle apply on a scooter to bike e.g steering, braking.

Thanks for any feedback.
  2. G'day ajj,

I only just got onto this forum myself and noticed you had a few questions unaswered. So thought I'd have a crack. I've never owned a scooter, so from that perspective can't comment. But I'd suggest that scooter, sportbike, push bike they all have the same principles to stay on them. I'd think if you've been riding that scooter for 14mths in the city and around the east suburbs you've probably got a decent handle on dealing with traffic, dealing with riding conditions and what to look out for. So I don't reckon a change to a bike from the scooter is that bigger deal. My suggestion is, choose a few bikes you like and go to a dealer and test ride them all. And if you like a litre bike, why not.