Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Azaaa, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Hey everyone!

Im Aaron, im from WA, and I JUST got my L's yesterday :D

Went for my frist ride today on my dad's scooter, and it was scary to say the least!

I was turning a corner, and I didn't turn enough and ended up ploughing into someone's flowerbed :S I have a fear of if I lean over too much that i'm going to fall over... As a consequence of that I dont turn enough! Could anyone give me ways of overcoming this fear?

Even when I used to ride bikes when I was little (the pedal variety), I never leant over too much... :(

Anyway, on a lighter note, I hope to meet everyone soon! :D

2. Hey Aaron, welcome to the many voices of wisdom that is NR! :grin:

Congrats on getting your Ls, well done, now get out into a vacant carpark
    (after hrs) and practice those TURNS!! Lots of 'em! :p

Oh, and even before that, also head on over to the "New Riders and Riding Tips" and start reading! :LOL:
  3. g'day Aaron from WA, welcome to NR, get your old man to give u a few pointers
  4. Welcome to Netrider

In a few months you'll be out there carving the twisties with the best of them, and reading this and saying, "Jeez, did I post THAT???"
  5. Hi Aaron,

Welcome to NR.

Head over to the New Riders and Riding Tips forum - lots of great advice there.

6. Welcome Aaron!

I agree with all above, read up in the new riders forum. As a new rider myself, I can tell you now, it's the perfect place for some light reading and there are great tips from the very experienced people.
  7. Haha cheers for the very warm welcome guys! ^^

I will get on over to the New Riders and Tips forums right away!