Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider what to buy ???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by zukboy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

This is my first post as I have just got my L's ( NSW) and am now after suggestions for a first bike. (apologies if this is the wrong forum)

prior to getting the license I was certain that i wanted something 250cc and sports- either ZZR or GPX 250. having test ridden one a couple of days ago I'm not sure if it's for me Considering how $$$ they are given age, condition and mileage.

I'm now looking into the naked style and am really impressed with the Suzuki GSF250 and the yamaha zeal.

i've budgeted about $2500-3000.
    most riding will be around sydney traffic and likely < 50 km per day. need something comfortable and reliable.
    does anyone have any suggestions or 2 cents about the bikes I mentioned or possibly missed ?

2. just read the stickie on new bikes. and thought i'd ad the necessary info

ONLY considering 250cc, will be keeping it for P's ( red + green)

will be used mainly for commuting, possibly occasional cruising. would not be taking pillion for the next 2 years

The budget is $2,500 - 3,000 and I would be buying used - Mechanical and not afraid to take engine apart if needed. Will be doing all maintenance myself.

182 cm/ 80kg want something comfortable without cramping.
  3. Zzr/gpx are good....be patient if the right one is not on the market now.
  4. Honda Hornet 250, also know as CB250F (NOT CBF250!)

By far the best out of those bikes. Quite rare and not much infomation out there on them, but you should be able to get one for 3-4k. It is worth saving up for though if you dont have the dollars and cents now.