Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider western Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Alex McDonald, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Hi there,
    From western Melbourne and just got my learner permit from stay upright. Just bought a 2nd hand triumph street triple 660 as my first bike. Looking forward to learning to ride and commuting into the city without the horrible train. Freedom!

Thanks for any advice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. G'day and welcome, AlexAlex. What a nice bike for you start out and have a commuting option on!
  3. Hello and welcome to NR Alex McDonaldAlex McDonald :) Congrats on getting your L's, and what a great choice of a ride!
  4. welcome aboard :] nice ride
  5. Welcome to NR
  6. Howdy & Welcome to NR!
  7. Welcome to NR!
  8. Welcome to Netrider Alex!
  9. Cheers guys! Will try to get to a learner session in east melbourne sometime. Wouldn't mind improving my basic skills.
  10. Well worth it Alex, helped me learn and get my licence.
  11. Alex if you need someone to ride into practice with there are a few of us that would be happy to ride with you and show you where practice is.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Welcome to a whole new world.
  13. Welcome to NR nice first ride, suggest to attend sat prac sessions can only benefit you
  14. So just picked up the bike. With just a permit course I navigated across Melb and the west gate to arrive home in one piece. Already learnt a bit with just that ride alone. Will try to get to. Sat/sun learner session in the cjng weeks. Thanks for all the support.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Awesone effort for your first solo ride! And welcome to NR :)
  16. Welcome to NR Alex.
  17. Nice choice Alex. I'm going down the same path myself.

Question though, did you have any riffing experience before heading to the Stay Upright course and how confident did you feel post-course?

Cheers and good luck.

18. welcome to the forum mate