Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider VTR maybe?

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by zulu2, Aug 14, 2008.

1. HI Im new to the forum and to motorbikes. thats a short introduction now to the questions. Would a VTR250 be small for 185cm 90kgs guy? I have read the bandit is a bit bigger?

2. I don't think so. I'm about 190cm, 80kg and have a VTR250. It is small, but this is not a bad thing for me learning. It's not uncomfortable, just means I can reach the ground easily. I love the bike and would highly recommend one.
  3. Long rides? have you udone any yet? wouldent mind to clock up some Ks.
  4. haven't done any long touring type rides. Most is probably a couple of 100kms out and about. It probably wouldn't be much fun doing 110km/h for 6 hours. But that might be more to do with it being a naked 250. Haven't ridden anything else to compare though.
  5. Thanks for you replies. yeah I guess when the time comes I'll either use the VTR for tour and rest often which I should do anyway! maybe Ill have a bigger tourer by the summer. Who knows?
  6. I am about your height and a little bit heavier and I rode mine for about 2 years. It is for sale if interested. Check my sig. Oh and welcome to NR! :)