Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider Vic

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Red Rocket, Dec 20, 2015.

1. New netrider poster long time reader. Got my learners couple months back & am going for my licence next month. Bought myself a Xmas present, brand new red cbr500r from freestyle honda. So happy. First ride went to Arthur's Seat to take shine off new tyres, bed brakes in & seat new rings properly. Absolutely loving it. Why did I wait so long

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome to the Forum Red Rocket, as you probably know take care on the Arthurs Seat road for cars crossing the centre line on corners particularly when the are coming downhill and you uphill. Very popular bike the CBR500, I am sure it will give you many hours of fun riding.

Once the peak tourist season is over make the run to Sorrento and then cross on the ferry and do the Great Ocean Road. A great run. Also make your way to Saturday Morning Practice in Elwood/St Kilda to meet some of the gang.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. As above.. :D

Welcome to NR as well..

4. Welcome to NR and congrats on new bike - what better Xmas present could one wish for!

5. Thanks cjvfr. I'm working 12-14hrs every thu, fri, sat, sun night at the moment but hopefully in January or feb can pop down St Kilda/Elwood & meet some of the crew, would be great. Thanks for the invite. Everyone I'm meeting are nice & similar interest doesn't get much better. 2 wheels

6. Makes it difficult to catch up on group rides, we have tried in the past to get some mid week day rides up and going for the weekend workers but have not had much success. Keep an eye on the Victoria Ride Announcements section and over the Christmas break there may be some rides that you can make.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks Lazy

8. G'day Red RocketRed Rocket, enjoy 2 wheels and the comeraderie that comes with it

9. Cheers Caffeine Monster. Best stocking filler ever!!

10. G'day Rus Ler, having a blast, so much fun on 2 wheels. Within 1st few minutes of picking up bike already getting nods from riders on the road. Awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I agree cjvfr sometimes it is difficult but I'll keep eye on events & if all else fails I might have to take day off work, it is all about priorities after all!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Welcome to NR Red RocketRed Rocket , nice choice of bike too :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome Red RocketRed Rocket,
    Sounds like you're well on your way. Enjoy. :)

14. Hello and welcome to the forums Red RocketRed Rocket! Congrats on getting your lady in red! Beautiful bikes they are! All the best with your licence test too (y)

15. welcome to Netrider Red Rocket ....good luck with your licence! (y)

16. Excellent choice! I went for the grey model :p

Welcome to NR!

17. Awesome choice Mpfprocess. That was the hardest decision. At first dealer had red & black only then day I wanted to buy he said oh by the way we just got in silver/grey ones. Took me half an hour to decide colour cause I liked both so much. Ended up being eenie meenie miney mo!!
    Hope you're enjoying your silver stallion.

18. Thanks mate. Licence in few weeks so fingers crossed

19. Haha I only wanted either black or silver, just couldn't decide which until I bought it. Love the choice I made though. I recommend rim tape, looks awesome imo :p

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FGDkbfgI.

Enjoy your red rocket, love seeing CBR riders in the wild :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Thanks Fr33dm she just like the song!

Lady In Red
    I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,
    I've never seen you shine so bright,
    I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance,
    They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance,
    And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,
    Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,
    I have been blind;
    The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
    There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
    It's where I want to be,
    But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
    I'll never forget the way you look tonight;
    I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,
    I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,
    I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,
    And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,
    And I have never had such a feeling,
    Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight;
    The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
    There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
    It's where I want to be,
    But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
    I'll never forget the way you look tonight;
    I never will forget the way you look tonight...
    The lady in red, the lady in red,
    The lady in red, my lady in red,
    I love you...

• Winner Winner x 1