Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider Time!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mrkotter, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Hey I think its time to introduce myself.

After thinking about riding for over a year, I bit the bullet and got my L's on Saturday (after doing the course on Thursday and Friday). The same day I bought a new vtr 250.

I can't wait to pick the bike up. Hopefully I will get it before the long weekend so I practice and hopefully should be able to commute to work and uni after that.

I also picked up a helmet (agv stealth) jacket (spyke) and some gloves. All I got to pick up now is some boots. (any suggestions?)

I found this site very informative on what I was going to buy just by searching. So thanks guys for helping out all the newbies out there.

So if you see a noob on a black vtr250 with a red helmet in Newcastle say hello.

I can't wait to start riding.
  2. Welcome to NR Mr. Kotter :biker:
    damn that show was great :p
  3. Welcome to NR.

You'll be very happy to learn on the VTR250. I've got a 06 model, but I've just gotten off my restrictions and bought a CBR600RR yesterday. Unfortunately I'll have to let the VTR go, but I've learnt alot on it.
  4. thats why I went for a vtr250 so many people recommend them on this site
  5. Hi and welcome to NR, great to see more riders out on the roads!

Everyone rates the VTR's and I've never heard a bad word about them so I think your off to a good start with your first bike.
  6. I just bought a new blue VTR250 myself, and I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday depending on how long it takes the dealership to sort it out.

Given that I just moved from Perth to Melbourne and have never driven over here this should be FUN! Especially given to leave the dealership on Elizabeth St I immediately have to make a hook turn and cross tram tracks! LOL
  7. As far as boots go, get one for each foot..... :grin:

Welcome to the world of fun, mate
  8. Congrats mrkotter and a fine choice of bike.....

I'm picking up my VTR this week and go for my L's early April, I know, putting the cart before the horse but who cares hehe!!! :LOL: :wink:

Throw some pics up of yer bike...

9. Welcome!

Congrats on the new bike and licence :)

Post some pics when you get a chance
  10. Well the deal with the vtr fell through. Long story but its ok, I bought a second hand cbf250 over the long weekend for a good price - and it only has 2200km and is about a year old. Probably not the bike I had my heart set on but plenty of time for that later.

Second day of owning it and I'm just riding around near home to get some practice in and get used to it. Its fun. I did some practice emergency stops today and I realised bikes don't pull up too well. I reckon with practice I'll get better.

Hopefully I'll get comfortable over the weekend and be out on the roads Monday.