Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider Sydney

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by estyMonsty, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Hi All,

I am new on the bike scene and very excited to get stuck into it.
    Currently I am riding a CB125e and hopefully a bigger bike next year. (Bigger in cc's not height as I can just touch the ground as is!)
    I feel confident enough on the roads but am always looking for extra tips and practice, so anyone keen for a ride - shout out! Bear in mind my little Honda can only go up to 100kms on a flat :)
    Also, I love getting my hands dirty so any experienced riders out there that can give me some basic mechanical/service/maintenance advice, would be much appreciated. My knowledge extends to changing my oil, lubing chain, changed a clutch lever and mirrors.
    Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi and welcome Esty. Perhaps pop along to HERE and say hi where you will be made to feel welcome.

Congrats on doing your own maintenance too, good job(y)
  3. Thanks! I'd like to learn as much as I can. Something satisfying about doing it yourself but I want to make sure I am doing it right!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome to the forum mate
  5. Thanks guys!
  6. Welcome Esty.

(.............................................My money's on 6+ pages)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome mate. Where in Sydney? I'm always pulling apart and putting back together (er, trying to) bikes on the footpath out the front of my place in Marrickville. Got a cb400 with a pretty low seat you can have a burn on too, if you're not an idiot... I just changed the rear wheel bearings, so if you trust a *very* amateur front yard mechanic then you're more than welcome to come for a ride :p
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome to NR..
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hi and welcome :)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. A big hoy and welcome estyMonstyestyMonsty

You'll love this journey and good on you for getting your hands dirty and giving it a go :) IT is satisfying when you know you can do something yourself on your beastie. Life skills are always useful ...!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Welcome! I am in Wollstonecraft and still on Ls :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'm often between Bondi and Epping. If the offer is still there, would love to attempt to pull a bike apart and try to put it back together.
  15. I've since done some stupid things on the cb400 and can say that the rear wheel bearing change was a great success. All systems go :)
  16. I, like Steve Vtec also enjoy pulling apart my CB400, lol. And yes it does now have a front wheel!
    cb400 no front end.JPG
    If you need help there are plenty of us around who know a few things!
    • Like Like x 1