Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider Start up gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by aussieak, Jul 30, 2011.

1. So been checking gear at AMX and other and I think I narrowed it down to the following. Went for comfort and saftey over style.

• Dri Rider Climate Jacket or Scenic
    • Dri Rider Nordic 2 Boots
    • Dri Rider Storm Gloves for Winter
    • Dragon jeans
    • and Ari Vector Helmet or Nolen N62( have not tried the Nolan but liked the price so this is still a maybe)
    Thoughts and tips most welcome.

2. I have the dririder apex, i have heard that their climate control jacket is not that good at controlling the climate.

My apex has been doing me very well down to -3 here in canberra if i wear a thin jumper or two underneath.
    I think its cheaper than the climate and senic.

As for draggin jeans, i would recommend buying a pair of motolegions instead, they are cheaper, have CE certified armor, and you will be supporting another aussie rather then buying an import from the USA. send Takamii a PM, he runs the company. Cant recommend them enough.
  3. If your in the southern states you may want to get your self some thermals also .top and bottoms . Can get bloody cold on the freeway .
  4. I tried a differnt pair of jeans that had knee protectors in them but with my short legs and large waist they came down to my shins.

I will have a look at the apex next time I am in there. With so many differnt styles to choose from I was not really looking at what does what just what fits the best. I found the climat lighter and better fit then scenic which I had to wear 3XL where climate 2XL was good fit.
  5. I had a similar experience before getting on the bike. Afterwards i realised even though they are low when you are standing, they actually fit perfectly when you are assuming the bike position. Another words pants ride up heaps when you are on the bike.

So as long as they aren't on your ankles you might be right.