Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider seeking insurance tips

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by wozza, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Hi all, i currently have a Honda CB250 2002 model bike that has done 1500kms. I am a learner and i am age 17. Of course this makes full insurance cost a fortune but i figure its worth it. Can anyone recommend a good insurance company to go with who is fairly cheap (under a grand is great but a little over i can deal with).

2. if you join the riders division of motorcycling australia
    you get discounts with some insurers.
  3. ........
  4. :?
  5. I'm looking at third party. Insure My Ride were fairly cheap and include gear cover. Going to call Western QBE and see if they will beat it - they're supposedly very competitive.
  6. Just got mine from QBE. They were more expensive to start with but once I sent them the Insure My Ride quote, they beat it.

Also QBE's policy suits me better.

7. ........
  8. I love it when someone picks at you MG, I wait giggling to myself for your response, knowing it will be thorough, blunt, and accurate and make them look as stupid as they probably are. :LOL:
  9. A little common courtesy isn't a bad thing - especially when you want to encourage a good community.

I've got no beef with the feedback you gave but If you're going to get up someone, at least use plain english because I had to ask the younger guys around work what the hell you meant.

Me: Lads - what is a nOOB?

Workmates: Depends - in what context?

Me: Getting up someone for not searching for the obvious answer..

Workmates: Internet try hard who spends way to much time playing CS or WOW (online games they said) and is generally overweight and has serious self estem issues.

Me: so that's a noob ey? pretty gay - wo thinks this crap up?

Workmates: It's old school but no one with any self respect uses it much anymore.

Me: Why?

Workmates: Generally you'll find only the dreggs of the Internet sub culture are the ones who still use it

Me: ahaha that's gold!

workmates: call them a SK!!

Me: ?!?!!?? you guys have no life!!!

I just want to add that i'm fully aware a million different interpretation exist - but sheezuz I'm pressing charges, because I feel i'v been robbed of 5 minutes which could have otherwise been best spent scratching my balls or something!
  10. i dont have the best driving history..

everyone was knocking me back

GIO insured my car and bike, so happy with that.

reasonable rates too if you have a few policy's with them
  11. Well in that case, because MG isn't a newbie he must just be a boob. BAHAHAHA!

Edit: I just read through all that other crap, jeezuz have a biatch guys.

To the OP, I reckon your up for anywhere between $1,000 to $1,800
    but I don't know a lot about CB250s. Dont let them scare you off :LOL:
  12. PM sent MG!