Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider, one week

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by daleala, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Hi guys!
    Passed my L's about 3 months ago - H.A.R.T. at Campbellfield.
    Moved up to Ballarat a few weeks ago, and just bought a Honda CB125E to get used to the roads on.
    Thankfully had my wife to drive in front of me, was quite scary... But having done around 100km so far, feeling a lot more confident.
    Also the traffic here in Ballarat is much easier than in Melbourne, where cars seem to aim to hit anything in their way...

I never thought it could be so fun riding a bike before now!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Welcome to NR and to a lifetime of an awesome addiction...

3. Welcome dalealadaleala, it gets better, I promise (y) Your little CB125 is perfect for zooming around town. Highway might be a bit of an issue. Start thinking of your next bike :happy:
  4. Welcome. Have fun on the CB -- it'll teach you a lot. :)
  5. i am older and a newbie also 6 months riding 5000 kms did grat ocean road last sat melb to apollo bay and back
    melb- black spur- mansfield previous weekend. do everything at yr pace. enjoy.
  6. welcome aboard :)
  7. Welcome to NR!
  8. My first bike was a cb125e also. Good bikes for learning and doing the test for your proper license. The cb125e in winter take forever to warm up and I had to use the choke for a long time. Take it easy on the cb125e, the brakes a fairly average. When i was a fresh learner i thought the brakes were pretty good however when trying to stop for a red light camera i almost lost it, was probably poor judgement on my part being a learner. I am still learner but on my p license and now have cbr250r. welcome to riding daleala.
  9. Welcome to Netrider and life on two wheels! :)
  10. Welcome :D
  11. Welcome aboard, have fun and be safe.
  12. Are you based in Ballarat? Just recently met someone at the train station who had a CB250.

Thanks for the welcome guys and the tips - always good to listen to those who have more experience!