Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider on the Sunshine Coast

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Dervish, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hello all,

Having already read many threads from this great forum in the lead up to passing the Q-ride, I thought I'd join up now that the deed is done and I've found a bike. Now the bike I've bought isn't exactly the sensible choice, but it is a hoot and surprisingly comfortable and easy for a learner (this learner at least) to ride. A CBR250RR.

IMG_1842%20copy_zpstnt8wguz.

I've always admired the Babyblade, but I had to think for a while before buying a bike so old (I believe this one is '93 or '94), but it is in fantastic condition - someone has given it a lot of love. It's also newer than both of my cars, so I shouldn't get too hung up on that . I really like the way it looks - I believe the scheme is modelled on Rossi's NSR500 - perhaps a bit pretentious for a new rider on a 250, but in my defence I didn't know any of that when I bought it! I just liked the colours. I might try to lose the 46s and the "sponsor" stickers.

IMG_1840%20copy_zpst1jhsbrx.

I haven't had it long enough to comment too much on it's performance; but it's quick. I'm looking forward to hitting the hinterland roads; perhaps this week after work.

Anyway, hopefully I can be of assistance to the forum and thanks for letting me aboard.

Cheers,
    Dervish

• Like Like x 4
  2. welcome aboard :)

nice bike & don't worry bout losing the stickers etc :)

Just ride & enjoy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to NR

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome. She looks great - no need to change her

• Like Like x 1
  6. Howdy and welcome to NR

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to the forum mate

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome. Enjoy the bike and stay upright.

9. Welcome DervishDervish , yep, I'd lose the stickers too but the bike looks sharp either way. Bibendum can stay though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. helllooo and welcome

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome. The bike is a keeper, so are the decals.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome to NR from deepest darkest Diddillibah!.
    I like the look of your bike as is.
    What part of the coast are on?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Let me see how good my memory is. At 6,000 rpm it is starting to work, at 10,000-18,000 rpms it is singing. Cruises at 10,000 rpms. The handling is great and the bike is stable at speed. And at speed it can empty the tank in 160 kms.
    If you do not get a smile riding this bike........................you are not going fast enough.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Thank you all for the welcome!

I had to google Bibendum, but yes I agree - he stays. It's a shame the bike didn't come with Michelins on it.

I'm just up on the hill in Buderim, do you have any favourite roads nearby?

Haha, sounds like you had one? What you're saying sounds right so far - the real kick on mine is at about 9,000 rpm. That gets a smile going! I'm yet to approach the redline, I'm too green. Soon.

I managed to flood the CBR this morning trying to start it - it was only about 7 degrees so I can forgive the thing for being upset. I've read up on good CBR starting technique so we'll see if I can get it in one tomorrow. Wish me luck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. They do not like the first start. A little bit of start ya bastad. Once she has started with plenty of chock, then it will be good for the rest of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome to the but house. May be on the older side but still a good solid ride :)

Fun factor is a number 10 and the screaming on it makes it seem even faster hehe
    Stay safe & funtimes ahead!

• Like Like x 1
  17. gday DervishDervish and welcome to NR - awesome first post and nice pics - that Honda is a cracker, leave it the way it is, especially the 46's!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Plenty...couple that are fun are the Ilkley rd to Eudlo. More open sweepers.
    Palmwoods-Montville rd: early in the morning but watch out for the Lancers (cyclists) as they often in the middle of the road. Tight but bumpy and the cbr will love it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hello

• Like Like x 1
  20. Welcome!

• Like Like x 1