Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider on the roads

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by JR001, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Hello everyone,
    found this site a few weeks ago and gotta say: It's Great
    After 25 years of abstinence I'm back on the roads and ... it's beautiful :grin: .
    I am one of the old bones (nearly 50), living rural right beetween Brissie and the Gold Coast who got that feeling again and said to myself and my missus : Now or never - so WE bought MY Vulcan 900 Classic. NO regrets
    It needed a bit of practice again but now it needs an operation to get the grin out of my face !!

I hope we catch up one day for a ride...[/img]

2. Welcome to NR.. I know you will enjoy your cruiser.. :grin:

3. i don't drop into this forum much but noticed your post and wanted to say hello. great to have some older riders 'round. when i first started here at NR there was a pretty healthy age spread that allowed for some great intergenerational discussions. these days it seems to veer towards Gen Y and much as i lov'em to pieces of course, it's great to have some baby boomers in the mix. so welcome aboard, congrats on your new ride and enjoy the journey :wink:

4. Welcome,

:rofl:

I love it :wink:

5. Welcome to NR, mate. I'm just outside Beauy myself, so give me a holler if you want to ride sometime. I'm always keen.

7. Hi JR, welcome to the forum. Good luck with the new beast! :)

8. Always good to see another QLD'er!

Welcome :)

9. JR001

I just bought excatly the same bike as you. I am in the old bracket (over 40) so let's us know when you are about and we will catch up