Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

new rider on the block

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by viramitch, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm new to the riding scene. So new in fact I haven't even gotten my learners yet, but I'm booked in and cant wait to get riding!

I was thinking of getting a virago xv535 for my first bike, just wondering if its a good choice or not. I've read some reviews and I'm liking the sound of it but I was wondering if there were any other bikes that would be better for me, but still in the same price range/still the same look of the virago. I really like the look of the virago's.
  2. i dunno if im too new to welcome u but oh well, welcome. try riding a few bikes ur interested in if u got the money situation sorted. if ur heart is set on a certain bike and uve ridden one and it fits ur style and body then u cant go wrong. and if u think ur excited about going for ur L's, just wait till u get ur permit and u get on ur new bike, hold in the clutch and select first gear for the first time (and it gets better). u wont wanna come home. good luck man
  3. ANYone can welcome a new Netrider, let me add mine :).
  4. Hi and welcome to NR.
  5. Might be a good idea to get your Ls first, then the bike. It will probably change your thinking a bit. You'll do your Ls on a more upright bike,rather than a cruiser style. Also you might like to factor in the additional difficulty of the Ps test on a cruiser. I know its maybe not big an issue for many, but you might decide you want any help you can get there. I ended up with a CB400 for this reason and am very happy I did.
  6. I've had 3 Viragos, a 250 and 2 1100ccs. They are great bikes but it would all depend on how you feel on one. A lot of people dont like them, but I wouldn't part with mine, ever. Try out a lot of different bikes, Viragos don't give much leg room (I'm 5 foot 1 so all ok here) but they are a very nice ride.
  7. Welcome and keep us all here informed of your bike choice and ask questions...........ask away!!