Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider, Ninja 250R

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by evader, Oct 31, 2008.

1. G'day,

I bought my first bike a month or so ago and have racked up 2500km's.

I've got a green 09 Ninja 250R and love it, although I already want a 600cc.

I'll be coming along to a Thursday ride soon so thought I'd post and say hello.

2. 2500kms in one month :shock:

Nicely done. I love the look of the new ninja (especially in kawasaki green).
    Post up some pictures!

I know what you mean with wanting a 600cc. 250's feel a little power-anemic at times. But rules are rules...
  3. Yeah, I've ridden it a lot :)

Work and back is 75km round trip, then night time rides... long weekend rides... Everywhere.

I'll get some pics happening soon. I do have a few, but they've got me sitting on the damn thing so it ruins it!

As far as gear goes, i grabbed a shoei helmet, dainese leather jacket with spine protector, dainese gloves + alpine star boots. Just missing some pants as I couldnt get any draggin/hornee jeans to fit on the day.

I'll get them sorted it out shortly.

I may have had one minor incident the day I got it... had a little lay down on the rode going very very slow. tiniest scratch on it. since then been great.

Had the odd typical learner scare, locked the back wheel around a roundabout, went wide in to a couple corners. All of that was in the first week or two.

Getting ready to sell my car :)
  4. You're not from around Bulleen area are you? Saw a green learner Ninja couple days ago at Bulleen rd heading to freeway...
  5. Nah not Bulleen. I do take the eastern freeway to work everyday, but get on at Alexandra Pde.

I'm out in Moonee Ponds/Essendon.
  6. Hi evader. Welcome to NR.
  7. How do you find the bike to ride?

I've been thinking about buying one