Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider, new member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by ChopsMcGoo, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Hi guys,

I'm a Melbourne-based first-timer whose personal circumstances finally aligned to allow him to fulfil a long-held urge to get a motorbike.

My illustrious riding career now spans a total of six whole days.

I got my learner's a couple of weeks and last week I bought myself a (used) 2013 Honda CB125e to cut my teeth on (hopefully only figuratively and not literally). I'll also be using it as a daily commuter.

The trip from home to work is only about 7kms on roads that are busy but all have limits of 60km/h or less.

So far, so good. The little CB125 is super easy to use and obviously doesn't have enough power to get me into too much trouble. Anyway, I'm a 34 year old father of two so my 'risk appetite' in this context is pretty modest.

The other bonus of the CB125 is that because it's such a basic machine mechanically speaking, it should serve as a good introduction into the world of DIY motorbike maintenance. Kind of like my HZ Kingswood was as a first car...

Anyway, it's only been a week but I think I might be hooked.

I look forward to learning from the collective wealth of knowledge and experience in the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Welcome to NR. The 125 will do ok in the 60km/hr zones.
  3. Hey mate. Where in Melbourne are you based?
  4. Welcome to NR.
  5. Welcome...

The Saturday morning sessions would be a good place to sharpen your skills and meet new people, whilst having fun (and coffee!)

6. welcome aboard :]
  7. Welcome to the forum!
  8. Welcome chops! Just remember the motorcyclist's mantra; everyone else on the road, including other riders, is a homicidal maniac whose sole aim is to ruin your day.
  9. I'm inner-Bayside (Elwood).
  10. ChopsMcGooChopsMcGoo the Saturday practice sessions are in Elwood, just down the road from you :)
  11. Well Saturday practice is behind the BP station in the Marina car park in Elwood. Welcome.