Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider, New Bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by jpr_88, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Hey all, my name is Josh. Im new to the forums and a new rider. Obtained the L plates about 3 weeks ago. After much deliberation I found a great little Honda VT250 Spada. 1990, female owner, 15k on the clock, Aussie delivered too! So far, I absolutely love it. Haven't even had the chance to ride a dry road either. So here it is:

This is my first post, although the absolute abundance of info on the forum has really helped with my riding, and my purchase!

2. Congrats on the nice bike, your L's and welcome to the forum.
  3. Hi Josh, nice bike and welcome on board.
  4. *nods head...
  5. Welcome to Netrider, Josh! Great looking bike, congrats. :)
  6. Hi Josh. Welcome to NR

Maybe see you at the Sat morning practice in St Kilda sometime.
  7. Welcome mate..,hope you enjoy your new ride. Great looking bike, look like she has been look after well....welcome to NR=D>
  8. Hi Josh, welcome to NR. Congrats on your new MC adventure. As GreyBM said, come on down to the Saturday sessions, you'll meet some great people and get some great advice. There are a couple of guys who come in from SE Melbourne (Berwick area I believe) so, if you post when you want to come, you'll be able to get someone to come in with you if you wish. Check out the videos found here and here
  9. I also live in the SE Suburbs (Dandenong), welcome to the forums. Excellent choice of bike, even better about the fact that it was owned by a female rider (probably not flogged) and only 15K on the clock. Is she the original owner? How much did the bike run you? Those bikes last for ages, and have an excellent power to weight ratio. I wanted one, but they're a bit too small for me. Your one looks like it has been looked after very well.
    Congrats on your L's and welcome to the world of motorcycling!
  10. Hi Josh, welcome to Netrider; I agree that getting along to the learner sessions will dramatically accelerate your learning curve!!
  11. Welcome josh there a gpod little bike the spada