Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider/member

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Terence Petersen, Jun 16, 2014.

1. G'day All. My name is Terence. Reasonable new to riding and also a relatively late starter. Became involved in motorcycles mainly due to an introduction by a friend to dirtbikes. I have since acquired a DRZ400 which is road registered but used mainly off road. I also now have a cb250 which is intended to be more of a learner bike to hone my roadskills. The bike will be turned into a café racer when I eventually upgrade to something like a Yamaha xj6. I would be interested in any practice sessions of beginner riding days.

2. Welcome to NR , Terence - which state / city are you from ?
  3. Welcome Terence, Ditto if you tell us where yo are from we can point you at upcoming rides.
  4. Apologies for any omissions. I am from Point Cook to the west of Melbourne.
  5. Agreed, get thee to a learnery :LOL:

and welcome
  6. Welcome :)

Monday night coffee night (don't think anyone went tonight, but we're usually there).
    Saturday Learners at Elwood.

I was a late starter too. Been riding something like three years and I'm 48.
  7. Welcome to Nutrider! :wacky:
  9. Thanks Greydog. Sounds like I've come to the right place and will be in good company. There is a good chance I'll be taking the dirtbike out for a spin this Saturday but O look forward to joining in at Elwood at the first opportunity.
  10. Welcome to the Nuthouse