Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider, Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by milkman, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Hey guys, 24 year old male from western suburbs of Melbourne.

Decided to start riding a couple of weeks ago on my new Cfmoto 650nk, haven't been on any big rides just tooting around town but somehow managed to rack up 2000km in 2 weeks. Did a lot of research into new bikes and decided to buy the Cfmoto cause it's big, cheap and nasty and so far no problems (touch wood). So far I've done a DIY tail tidy and bar end mirrors. Eager to learn as much as I can and get out and enjoy the beautiful Victorian roads and weather.

And before anyone says anything, yes I will be attending this Saturday's practice, hopefully someone from the western suburbs can guide me in.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome aboard :]
  3. G'day MichaelMichael, welcome to NR. Nice work reaching 2,000 kilometres around town in the first fortnight owning a bike!
  4. Ha, don't have a clue how. Usually just ride around and get lost, search google map and find a way home. Got a bit interesting some days
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome Michael, Getting lost is how I have found some of my most fun roads. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Howdy and welcome to NR milkmanmilkman . Nice effort! I call it 'squiggling' around town. In a car you go from point a to point b. On a bike I kind of get distracted. :D
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Welcome to NR...

I have tried to get lost many a time but my wife always seems to find me. Maybe she has a secret gps set up on my bike. ;)
  8. Hello and welcome to Netrider, well done on getting out there and clocking up those kays on your new toy, a nice looking bike too. Perhaps see you on a ride some time.
  9. Welcome to the forum and a lifetime of addiction!