Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New Rider Melbourne SE Suburbs!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by rooneybdean, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Hey all!

Received my learner about three weeks ago and I picked up my first ride on Friday just passed. Have been out riding and learning more all weekend.

Hope to pick up some great knowledge from everyone on Netrider as everyone seems so helpful :)

All the best!
  2. Howdy Rooney, welcome to NR. Congrats on getting your L's and a new bike! Very cool ride btw! All the best with learning the ropes, ride safe and stay upright ;)
  3. Welcome Rooney,
    Where are you based ?
    Try and get in to Elwood for the Saturday learners sessions if you can.
    You'll get some great tips and practice the basics.
  4. Im about 30 mins from Elwood, in Frankston area, so not too bad. Who runs the Saturday learners sessions? I'd definitely be interested to go soon.
  5. Welcome :)

Saturday practice is run by Hawklord with help from GreyBM. It has its own thread.
    It's run in the marina car park behind the BP servo on Beach Rd (Cnr Dickens St), starting at 10am although no strict times. Hawklord will post in that thread at around 8am to confirm its on bc he calls it off if it's raining.
    There's a break in the Armco barrier directly behind the servo to get into the car park.

[VIC] - [Saturday] 10am Basic Skills Practice

1st post is still current.
  6. Thanks Greydog, appreciate it :)
  7. welcome to Netrider Rooney...I highly recommend Saturday practice in Elwood...you'll pick up some great advice and meet some really nice people (y)