Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

New rider looking for a bike

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by tjongdy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Hi All...

I've been on the forums a while now and only got my learners last month.
    Now I'm looking for a bike and I've found something I'm interested in.

I have only found small amounts on information about the Yamaha FZX250 Zeal and want to know if this here is a decent bike and price and also if the owner is on the forums as well.

I don't have enough posts to put the URL in so I'll have to work around this for a couple more posts.

Found this on bikesales:
    Bike 1998 YAMAHA FZX250 ZEAL ROAD
    Price $3,500
    Kilometres 14,800

Any input would be appreciated.

2. I was looking at one of these a couple of weeks ago. The only thing that I was concerned about from my reading was the rear suspension. Around my area the roads are not that great so I decided to give it a miss. If you can manage a test ride, that might be the way to go, although as a learner that might be difficult to arrange.

There are a couple of people on here who have had them as learner bikes and enjoyed them immensely (from what I read), and 3500 is a pretty good price...
  3. Another question ...
    Do you guys recommend the Rolling Motorcycle Repairs pre-purchase inspection?
  4. zeal's are a very low seated bike, if you've got long legs you might need, something a bit taller. that's what I came away with after test riding one anyway.
  5. I used Drew's service for my bike, and I can highly recommend it. He told me all the issues (all minor) which also helped me get a better deal. You also know there are no hidden problems.
  6. I'll just have to go and sit on the bike to find out if its right for me.
    Just in a hurry to get a bike... the motorcycle bug has definately bitten me.

I'd better keep Drew's number handy for the time when the right bike turns up.
  7. I got a CBR250RR (50,000 kms) few days ago. So far... no regrets.

-sports seating position
    -very reliable (15yo bike cold starts with no choke)
    -fast for a 250 -- arguably the quickest 4-stroke
    -looks very nice -- full fairing
    -is light and fuel efficient (depending on how you ride it)

Mine set me back $3700